Welcome

In 1985, an idea was born. This idea was to encourage young people to understand the importance and the joy of singing praises to God. Within a year a small choral group was formed. It was exciting and new. Under the direction of a young man named Randy Hargett, this group became more than just a bunch of kids, we became family. We not only sang together; we laughed, loved and cried together.

Enjoy.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Let's Start from The Beginning

As you can tell from the welcome message, this blog is dedicated to all the young people who were a part of this group. Although we have grown up and moved on with our lives, I am sure there is not a one of us who can say that the experience did not change us in some way.

To any and all former members "I NEED YOUR HELP"! I have searched the web, the entire internet for some bit of information, some remnant of our existence and found nothing. For this reason I have created this blog. I want pictures, stories, recordings, bulletin articles, memories anything that you wish to share. These precious mementos need not sit in some box collecting dust till they are all but forgotten.

Feel free to make comments or send an email to
flushingpointe@yahoo.com

Allow me at this time, to convey to you a memory of my own, it concerns the title of this blog.

In the spring of 1986, our group went on its first tour. We traveled up and down the east coast and visited such places as Richmond, VA, Baltimore, MD and Washington DC.

I remember the night we were in Richmond when our director, Randy, made a comment. It was made almost in passing, but, for some reason it still sticks in my mind. Randy said, "If you think this singing is great wait till we all get to heaven, We'll reserve the east side so come on by and we'll really have a show". The East Side of Heaven, it doesn't seem like it's been over 20 years since that comment was made but it has.


Jimmy Bagwell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ysteamer67This reminds me of going to Shady Valley Church of Christ in Mississippi. This was our first place to sing every year when I was in the group in the early 90's.

The directions were "Turn left at the Polka Dot Store, pass by the Pearly Gates and you'll wind up in the Shady Valley.


I will never forget the memories that the group and Randy blessed me with.

I will also never forget pushing the bus down the highway to get to the airport to go to the Cayman Islands.

Before this morning of pushing the bus we would have to fill up the oil and check the gas!!!!!!